WHAT IS OT?? Occupational therapy is a science-driven, evidence-based profession that enables people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health and prevent—or live better with—illness, injury or disability.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving.

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. - W. T. Purkiser
 
This year was my first ever Thanksgiving without my family. I live in St Louis a million miles away from home and I was faced with the reality that I might be alone.



However, I have many amazing friends and so Cathy decided to have the 8 of us that remained and create a makeshift thanksgiving, in which we could all be together and appreciate what we have given and what we have all received these past 3 months. I am blessed with friends whose lens of life is one of love and friendship. Individuals who do not see the at times immature 23 year old girl whom is searching on her journey towards an unknown density but are able to see all the love I have to give. 


I am blessed with love from all people. I felt it hard yesterday and am so grateful that my family and friends all made the effort to share love with me. I felt God as the snow fell down on me- kissing my cheeks and big flower headband.


So after Olin's turkey lunch, Lori, Brittany and I journeyed through the snow to Cathys house. We enjoyed christmas movies and cooked together while enjoying great conversations and laughter. After everything was finally cooked we had a beautiful sit down dinner with a beautiful circle of expressions of thankfulness. After eating everything and more, we enjoyed a relaxing Mary Poppins showing followed my Wii games. BEautiful evening, beautiful friends, and what an amazing time.


It might not have been NORMAL thanksgiving but I know I was given a gift of love and friendship. I am blessed. I am thankful.


And now count down to home continues... 24 days :)


Hugs and Love <3


snow outside my building.

snow...


turkey dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment