WHAT IS OT?? Occupational therapy is a science-driven, evidence-based profession that enables people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health and prevent—or live better with—illness, injury or disability.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Interesting turn on my week

This week is all about getting ready for my first rotation which starts next Monday at Children's Hospital in St Louis. I will be doing outpatient nuero. This week is full of excitement, finally getting to practice what I have been learning for the past 7 weeks. Although full of assignment, I was positively energized.
Today I received news that sank in hard. A student at NDHS was killed yesterday after being hit by a car. His friends responded with creating groups on facebook to remember him. Upon reading my memories of Conor, I was thrown back to Jenn. The accident had similarities and I found myself lost in thoughts of eternity. The weeks after Jenn passed in 2001, I remember the inability to believe that she was gone. The long days and years that piled up until it became fact that she had left us. I feel deeply for the friends and family of Conor. Tragedy it is for a young spirit to have left us so early, so premature. In these times, let us again remember to share love; freely professing our feelings to the persons we care about. God has a plan for us, we are here to fulfill our own densities through Him and for Him. Although thrown into such busy and scheduled lives, please remember to love; proclaim it from the rooftops or in private but take a minute everyday to remind your loved ones.

For my family and friends I am truly thankful. I have been blessed with an amazing support system full of love and acceptance. I have been given hundreds of smiles and hugs to remind me that I am important, that i am special. Share kind words and acceptance of all. Do good, Give everything, and fill your heart with passion for God's family.

Thank you a million times for the love I feel all the way in St Louis.
Pray for healing for Conor's family and for the entire NDHS community.

No comments:

Post a Comment