WHAT IS OT?? Occupational therapy is a science-driven, evidence-based profession that enables people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health and prevent—or live better with—illness, injury or disability.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The homework piles up...

I officially have less than a week until my first dissection quiz which means I have to name structure, origin, insertion, nerve, and action of different landmarks of the superficial and intermediate back of "Jane" my Cadaver. Hopefully our dissection is clean enough... she is so thin that we do not have a lot of work with compared to some of the other cadavers. Today, Ellen -the PT who leads our dissection class- walked us through the brain cavity and I was able to touch the inside of the skull which still had some of the cranial nerves in it, as well as the tongue. (Sorry Mom, I know you didn't want to hear that but it was so cool had to write about it). Next week we are doing neck dissection.

Also next week my first paper is due, its pretty easy as of right now the hardest part of it is shortening it to 3 pages doubled spaced. My current outline is about 4 pages single spaced. And after that I have papers, quizzes, tests, case studies, etc due pretty much everyday until Dec 8th!!  So wish me luck.

Best part of Thursdays: Our anatomy professor! He is originally from Armenia. His accent is not bad but he has the BEST saying ever. Every time he wants to say something funny he preludes it with "..oh this is a cocktail moment!" haha and he gets laughs from the pictures he chooses for lecture slides. And today he gave us a small lecture about "smart" words to use at cocktail parties so everyone knows we are smart. hhah. I enjoy my Thursday lecture!!

I joined the WUSOTA- Washington University Student Occupational Therapy Association! I am trying to join the community service or cultural committee of WUSOTA! I am excited to be getting back involved in semi-student council.

I have to interview someone for my Occupation Paper and I think I may ask my favorite security guard, Donnie. Random I know but actually he used to be a Physical Therapist and has had a very interesting life. Plus he rocks!

Well I think that is enough for now! Everyday is just so full and busy I could write forever. Mom- I finally did all my laundry! Be proud!!

love always
amanda

COUNT DOWN UNTIL AMY and TIM'S WEDDING/plus me in CA for 2.5 days ha : 3 weeks and 1 day!

No comments:

Post a Comment