WHAT IS OT?? Occupational therapy is a science-driven, evidence-based profession that enables people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health and prevent—or live better with—illness, injury or disability.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Update..


Yesterday was the first part of a 3-day weekend but it was defiantly my busiest Friday yet. I met with Troy from out catholic student center this morning and he is awesome. He told me all about the center and it is one of the largest Newman’s center in the USA. I am just happy I have a new church that doesn’t have high mass at every mass! Ha. Catholic Student Center

Then I had my cooking lab. On Thursday 3 of the girls and I went to two different Asian markets to get ingredients. It was an experience to say the least. At the seafood market, I got to pick the sea bass I wanted the guy reached in grabbed it and then killed it right in front of me. I thought I was going to pass out as he slammed the huge knife onto the cutting board, gutting and descaling the fish. The worst part though was the chicken! The butcher had to grind the chicken… that is a sound I will never forget. However it was an experience and if I ever have to work with a Chinese client I will understand their shopping/ food culture.
Chinese Market

Right before he killed this live sea bass
 Geucheng, aka Song, whom was our Chinese expert on cooking, helped us cook 6 different dishes.  It was amazing. I learned how to make spring rolls, dumplings, 2 different stir fries, steamed sea bass, and spicy tofu. My favorite was spring rolls and shrimp dumplings. We paired it with almond milk, plum wine, and jasmine tea. So good!!! It was amazing to cook for 4 hours straight especially when we learned so much about Chinese culture.
My Chinese Cooking Lab Group

Steamed Sea Bass

Spring Rolls

Making Dumplings

Our Expert cooking!

And after all this, I had CP Basketball. I love basketball. Louis, my favorite kiddo, when asked about his favorite part of basketball he said it was ME!!! It made my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment